GET READY TO MOVE
There’s no doubt about it—Enhance®Fitness gets you moving. And because you’re encouraged to move at your own pace, it’s never more than you can handle. In fact, we’ll meet you where you are and help you gain strength, flexibility and balance.
OUR AIM: To help you feel better
EnhanceFitness is geared toward older adults, and those with a chronic condition, such as arthritis, need not worry; you’ll never have to do anything that hurts.We have chairs you can use for support, if necessary. When you’re ready you can add soft ankle and wrist weights to your workout.
It’s all about you
It doesn’t matter what others in the class are doing, only that you show up and are ready to move. You’ll set your own goals and we’ll help you meet them. We measure your success with a personal fitness assessment every four months.
What you can expect:
· Classes meet three times per week for 60-minutes each.
· Some people will be standing, some will be seated—and some will use the chairs to hold onto for support.
· You’ll notice that participants move at a pace that’s comfortable for them.
· The class focuses on strength, flexibility, movement and balance.
· You’ll make friends who will support you and cheer you on.
Here are some of the changes our participants have noticed in their bodies and minds:
· More energy
· Better balance
· Increases in upper body and lower body strength
· More flexibility and range of motion
· Better sleep
· More feelings of happiness
· Sense of independence
We’ll Get You There: One Class At A Time
Research has shown that among older adults who participate in EnhanceFitness, health costs were lowered each year by close to $1,000. It’s no wonder 9 out of 10 people stay with the program.
Nationally Recognized & Available In Your Community
EnhanceFitness has been nationally recognized by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, US Department of Health and Human Services, US Administration on Aging, and the National Council on Aging.
Get moving today. Contact us to get started.
GREATER CARBONDALE YMCA - (570) 282-2210
GREATER PITTSTON YMCA - (570) 655-2255
GREATER SCRANTON YMCA - (570) 342-8115
WAYNE COUNTY YMCA - (570) 253-2083
WILKES-BARRE FAMILY YMCA - (570) 823-2191
Thank you to our sponsor, Highmark Foundation for making this program possible.